Saturday, April 21, 2018

Cocktail Time {Spring Tart}

No Saturday Snack today but I do have a DELICIOUS cocktail recipe for you today!  I made this drink twice in the past month for two different events.  I made it once when I hosted Bunco and once when I went to a craft night.  It was a hit both nights!!



My friend Heidi had a few of us over for a craft night.  We worked on wooden signs and spring wreaths and it was a fun way to spend a Saturday night.  



  I told her I would make a fun drink so I created The Spring Tart using elderflower liquor and rosemary simple sryup.  It was delicious! There are a few elderflower liquors.  St. Germain is the most popular one.  When I was at the Philadelphia flower show in March we sampled a good elderflower liquor called St. Elder,  I bought it there and it was perfect for this cocktail!



I brought all of my stuff to Heidi's in a galvanized organizer I got at Walmart.  It was cute and an easy way to keep things organized. Last summer I went to a fun cocktail party   where my friend Erica who is a bartender taught us to make all kinds of drinks.  One of her suggestions was to put your juices and simple syrup in squeeze bottles to make them easier to work with.  The squeeze bottles fit perfectly in my caddy.  


The rosemary simple syrup was easy to make.  I just made regular simple syrup and added a few sprigs of rosemary in the pan.


Here is the recipe for the Spring Tart

{Spring Tart}
2 oz. vodka
1 oz. elderflower liquor
2 oz. grapefruit juice
1/4 fresh lemon squeezed into class
1 squirt of rosemary simple syrup
splash seltzer

Mix all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker and pour into a glass and enjoy!


I served these in my new mason jar drink caddy.  I also got this at Wal-Mart and I absolutely love it!  It is so festive and fun and I can use it to make drinks ahead of time and then take them to go.  I think it will be perfect for summer!!


I made this same drink at our monthly Bunco night that I hosted at the beginning of this month.  For this event I changed the name to Bunco Tart for fun.  I put the recipe in a frame so everyone could make their own drinks.  



Let me know if you try and make the Spring Tart.  Happy Saturday!!
Xoxo



  


0 comments: