Thursday, November 8, 2018

Cocktail Time

I just love making seasonal cocktails and I've got two cocktails for you today.  It's been a loooonnnngggggg time since I've  posted cocktail recipes.  The first recipe is one I made alll summer long and didn’t get around to posting and the second recipe is my winning recipe for the Halloween Bartender contest that I won two weekends ago!  I’m posting them both because they are simple and easy to make and they are both delicious!!!


I lost count how many times I made this yummy cocktail this summer.  It is so delicious!!!


{Watermelon Margarita Coooler}

Cube watermelon and puree in blender.  

Mix the following in a shaker,
juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 cup watermelon puree
1.5 oz. tequila
shake well and top with lime seltzer, pour in a salted glass and garnish with a lime

I really like this recipe because there is no added sugar and it's a great mix of sweet, salty and it just tastes like summer!  I loved it this summer!





{Jackass}
This second drink I made as a contestant in a bartending contest at Halloween.  I was one of four guest bartenders at everyone's favorite bar/supper club in our town.  It was so much fun!!  I called it the "jackass" because it was my fall take on the popular Moscow Mule. 

Here I am with the other bartenders and the two bar owners in the middle.  


Here I am with my friends at the party.  It was a fun night and I was so happy people loved my drink!

 My friends and I were bridesmaids.  People kept asking me all night when I was bartending.  Our costumes made sense if we were together.  Unfortunately a lot of the night we weren't all together so people kept asking me.  


{Jackass}
Juice from 1/2 a lime
1.5 oz vodka
1/2 cup of apple cider
1 squirt of brown sugar simple syrup
Shake all ingredients with ice  in a shaker and serve with an apple garnish
Honestly I love this drink because you can add more or less of an ingredient and it still tastes great!  I didn't have time to measure when I was bartending and they turned out great!

Happy Thursday!
Xoxo



0 comments: