Tuesday, November 13, 2018

My weekend

My weekend can be summed up mostly in one word-crafts!!  

Friday night Rachael and I held our monthly craft night for our craft business Branch and Bloom.  This month we made two crafts.  We made leaf garlands and give thanks signs.  We used chalkboard vinyl for the signs which we have never used before but it worked great  I am going to do a full post on our craft night tomorrow but here is a sneak peak. 


Next weekend is my annual Holiday Market where  Rachael and I invite all of our crafty friends to bring what they make to our friends Stephanie's kitchen design store and we have a one day sale.  We have champagne and cookies and it's such a fun event!  I just love it.  I have been working on a ton of things for this year's Holiday Market.  Here are some of the things I've been working on.







I made a few of these signs to sell.  I've been seeing this sign a lot and actually one of my friends is also selling this sign at our Holiday Market. I actually just bought one of her signs with the saying :)  This is going to be my mantra for 2019.  I just love being cozy and comfortable at home and I want to stay home more in the upcoming year.    


I'm the President of the Garden Club in our town and our biggest fundraiser of the year is coming up the week after Thankgiving.  We have an annual Greens Sale and luncheon  to raise money for events and programs. Garden Club members spend the week after Thanksgiving putting together holiday arrangements, wreaths and swags to sell at our annual sale.  We also have a luncheon and a bake sale to bring in additional money on that day.  It's always a fun day but a ton of work!  We had a bow making workshop on Saturday to make bows for our arrangements and wreaths.  We were able to make 100 bows in about 2 hours.  Here I am with my friends Wendy (the Vice President) and Jenn.  It was a fun and productive morning!



Sunday morning my friends Julia, Sabrina, Vicki and I took our kids and went to Ommegang for brunch and bingo.   Ommegang is a Belgian brewery and they recently remodeled it.  I went to a couple of concerts last summer there but haven't been in their newly renovated space.  It was beautiful! 


Brunch and Bingo were fun.  I had a beermosa (beer with orange juice) which was surprisingly good!


Four people in our group won bingo including me! I won a t-shirt.   We took a picture on our way out.


Here is our big group all together.  It was a fun morning!  


Monday evening was our monthly garden club meeting.  It was my month to help with refreshments and my co-hostesses were the three sisters that we bought our summer house from. I just love these ladies.   We had a ton of Thanksgiving themed snacks. I made my stuffing balls and they were a big hit!



 Our speaker was a florist from Albany and she taught us tips and tricks for making the perfect arrangements.  She suggested that we use containers from around our house and I just love that idea! She also taught us about floral spray paint that you can put on succulents.  I am going to be looking into that.  She made so many beautiful arrangements and when she was done we raffled them off.  It was a a fun night and I learned so much.  

Spray painted succulent in gold.  I really want to use this!  Amazon did not have gold but they do have other colors including pink.  







 I hope you had a fabulous weekend!!

xoxo

0 comments: