Monday, November 5, 2018

Our weekend {gala edition}

My weekend can be summed up in one word-GALA.  I’m on the committee that plans the annual gala for our local hospital.  It’s the biggest fundraiser of the year for the hospital and it’s always a fun night out and it raises money for a good cause.  I am always happy to support this event.


Friday night we did set up for the gala. This year our theme was Copacabana  It took all night and I was so tired when I got home but it was a lot of fun.  We spent about 6 hours setting up.  I had 20 of my college students help out and they were a huge help.  The students set up all the tables, chairs and tablecloths.  Here is a picture of the tables and chairs when they were done.  I just love all of the bright colors that we used. 


While they were working on that I worked on creating a water station. I loved the beautiful bright colors and the greens that we used along with the bright colors.  




When people walked in they walked past our beautiful Havana backdrops and three old fashioned cars that we had set up.




Here is our committee after set up on Friday night.  We were tired but so happy with the way everything turned out.


Saturday I got some stuff done around the house and then it was gala time!  My friend Jaclyn did my make up and Rachael helped me with my hair.  I got my dress on Amazon.  Jaclyn is so talented at doing makeup!  She did my makeup along with Sabrina's and Stephanies.  It was fun getting ready together.  Here we all are at the gala (Sabrina in maroon, me blue, Jaclyn yellow and Stephanie black)



It was such a fun night.  There was good food and a great band and I spent the night chatting, eating and dancing-three of my favorite things!

I always take a picture with all of my friends every year from the gala.  This is the one from this year.  I love this picture of us.  You can see pics from last years gala here.  


Sunday I helped with gala clean up and then I ran errands and got ready for the week ahead.

I hope you had a great weekend!!!
Xoxo

0 comments: