Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Our weekend {Halloween Edition}

We celebrated Halloween big time around here this weekend.   I love Halloween and all the festivities that go along with it.   You can read about all of our Halloween fun from last year in this post
Saturday evening my friend Sabrina had her annual Halloween Party. It's always a lot of fun!  This year I did a group costume with some friends.  We were the Bridesmaids from the movie Bridesmaids.  


Here was our take on the costumes.   My BFF Rachael lent me the most unflattering hot pink dress (amazon sent her one in the wrong size) but it was free so I wore that.  We got together one day last week to make our flower arrangements.  We got our flowers at the Dollar Tree.  We all wore hidious white shoes (I got mine on amazon) and did our hair and makeup ourselves.  




Sabrina had amazing food and drinks and it was a fun party!  Here is all of us.  I love the creativity that everyone had when picking our their costumes.  It was a fun night.  


I left Sabrina's and headed to my favorite bar/supper club to their Halloween party.  I was one of the guest bartenders for their Halloween party on Saturday night.    Here I am with the other guest bartenders and the owners are in the middle.  I called my drink the "jack ass" because it was a fall take on one  of my favorite drinks-the Moscow mule.  



The four of us each made a different drink.  We started serving them at 8pm and didn't stop until 10 when they announced the winner.  I tasted all of the drinks and it was fun to see what everyone came up with.  I didn't count my drinks but I probably made about 200 little drinks during the night so people could taste them.  


Here was my view from the stage the place was packed!  It was so fun.



My friends came to try my drink.  My dear friend Stephanie (our bride) was the winner last year.  I was so happy that I won this year's contest!  I wanted to create a drink that everyone liked so I was thrilled to win.  It was a fun night.  


Sunday evening we had our neighbors over for a weenie roast and pumpkin carving.   The kids decorated pumpkins and I got to chat with two of my neighbors and friends Heidi and Kelly.  They both live so close to me but it's crazy that I don't see them that often.  It was nice to catch up with them.  We all had a great time and I think it will become an annual tradition for us.     It was fun watching Grace carve her first ever pumpkin!







We had a great weekend full of Halloween fun!
Xoxo

0 comments: