Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Friends!  I’m so happy it’s Friday .  It’s been a loonngggg week.  We have some fun things planned for this weekend and I’m happy to get the weekend started.  Today I’m linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci to share my favorites.


1.  One thing I did this week was give up Diet Coke. This is definitely NOT a favorite but I think it’s going to be better for me in the long run.  Since I’ve been on WW I’ve noticed that I’ve been drinking more diet cokes-up to 6 a day which is so gross.  Also as I’m getting older I’m more sensitive to caffeine and if I drink them too late it keeps me up at night.   I know they aren’t healthy for me so I decided to go cold turkey on Sunday.  The first few days were rough.  I was crabby and sooooo tired but things have been better the last few days. I’ll keep you updated on my progress.  


2.  Graig and I went to a dinner on campus Tuesday night because the College was hosting a visiting chef.  We had an amazing meal.  It was honestly one of the best meals I’ve ever had.  The chef was named Mai Pham from Vietnam and she has written three cookbooks and has been on Martha Stewart and a few food network specials.  



3.  My small business Branch and Bloom, that I own with my friend Rachael is making 150 ornaments for my sister.  She needs them for the faculty members that work with her office at Baylor.  She wants these ornaments mid-November so I’ve been trying to do a few each night.  It’s been a fun project to work on! 

4.  For Halloween I’m going to be a bridesmaid with my friends.  They got together on Tuesday (while I was out to dinner with G) and made these bouquets for us.  My friend Rachael had a hot pink dress that she gave me that I am going to wear.  It's going to be fun to dress up together. 


5.  My friend Sabrina is having her annual Halloween party and then after that we are all headed to the B-side for their Halloween party.  I’m one of the guest bartenders and I created a speciality cocktail called the “jackass” as my drink.  The jackass is a fall take on a Moscow mule.  I’ll post the recipe soon.  My friends helped me pick my drink last week.


Sabrina's party starts at 5pm and the B-Side party starts at 8pm.  If I'm lucky I'll be home in bed by 10pm.  This is totally me-ha ha!



6. Wednesday night I tried a great new restaurant in Binghamton called Craft.  They had the most amazing shakes (I got cookies and cream) and sliders and fries.  I went with Rachael and we went shopping and then met up with her life long BFF and had dinner at Craft.  It was a fun night!





7.  The YMCA where I work is starting a new class called Arial Yoga.  I tried it last night and it was so fun.  It was a challenging class.  I even did some inversions!  I want to try it again.


I hope you have a fabulous weekend filled with all kinds of Halloween Fun. 
Xoxo

0 comments: