Thursday, October 25, 2018

My fall brunch

Last Sunday I invited all of my friends over for my 3rd annual fall brunch.  I just love having this event every year! It’s a great way for me to catch up with all my friends and for us to spend some time together.   I made a few breakfast casseroles and some apple crisp and my friends each made a dish to pass.  My best  friend Rachael made 6 lbs. of bacon for me.  We have a deal that when I have a brunch she makes the bacon and when she has a brunch I make the bacon.  That way you get the delicious bacon everyone loves without stinking up your house.  I also had a Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar which was fun.







I made a double batch Trisha Yearwood’s breakfast sausage casserole.  This was a big hit!   You can find the recipe here.  I also made this veggie casserole.  Both of these were easy and SO good.  I will definitely make both again!!

The Apple Crisp is a recipe I’ve had for years.  I posted it on my blog many, many years ago.  You can find the recipe here.

For the Bloody Mary bar I made a pitcher of Bloody Marys ahead of time.  One of my friends kept remaking them during the party.  Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of my bar area during the party but I used Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix and Tito’s vodka.  I used 8 cups of Zing Zang with 2 cups of vodka.  I also had olives, hot sauce, pepper  horseradish, and celery for people to add to their Bloody Marys. For the Mimosa bar we mixed pineapple and/or orange juice with champagne.  I had strawberries and raspberries for garnish.

I set up the bar area in our office.  Here is what it looks like on a normal day :-)  Unfortunately, I did not get a good picture of it during the party.



I put an extra table on my deck and one in the yard for people to sit at.  For centerpieces I used a mix of arrangements I made in the week leading up to my brunch.  





Everyone brought a dish to pass so we had a TON of food.  We ate and chatted and had the best morning/afternoon.  I love my friends so much!!!





  For the past two years I have had a scarf exchange.  You can read about my 216 brunch here and my 2017 brunch here.  This year I mixed it up and had a fall decor swap. Here is how we did it:  

1.  Everyone drew a number and picked a present based on their number. 
2.  When it’s your turn you can open a new gift or take  a gift from someone else.  If you take someone else’s gift they get to choose a new gift.  Once a gift has been stolen twice it’s done and the person who has that gift keeps it. 
3.  At the end the first person can choose a gift from anyone (just not those gifts they have already been stolen twice)

Ava wrote out the numbers for me and handed them out.  We all had a good time playing and everyone was happy because they left a fun fall item.


Me with my Ava 



I just love my fall brunch tradition.  It’s a great way to spend a Sunday.   I hope you’ve had a great week.



Xoxo






0 comments: