Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

This Mother's Day was bittersweet because it was the first Mother's Day since my Mom's death.  I think about her every day so I wasn't sure how I would feel celebrating Mother's Day without her.  Since we live in NY and my Mom lived in IL we didn't usually see each other on Mother's Day but I always talked to her bright and early (I wanted to beat my sister Shelby by calling her super early-ha ha) and sent her a package or flowers. 

This Mother's Day we went out to breakfast with our friends Sabrina and Shawn and their daughter Eliza.  When we got home we relaxed and then we went to my mother-in-laws for dinner to celebrate with her.  It was a fun day!  I am glad that we got to spend the day with people we care about and love.

Every Sunday I read postsecret.  It's a website where people's send in their secrets on postcards.  I have never sent in my own secret but I love reading them.  I have no idea who wrote this one but it really spoke to me.  I can really relate to her and where she is coming from.  I wanted to put this on my blog so I could look back at it and reread it.    I feel like I have to be strong for Brock and Ava, Graig and my sister Shelby.  I want to honor my Mom by being the best Mom that I can and living my life to the fullest!

0 comments: