Monday, March 21, 2011

Taking a risk

Today I'm participating in the  The Nester's take a risk day.  I couldn't think of any risks that I take in decorating so I didn't think I'd be able to participate. Then I remembered my biggest house project that I did all on my own-painting our kitchen from top to bottom (even cabinets!)    My kitchen (like everyone's) is the most important room in our house. Our house was built in 1920 so it is also the smallest ( I guess big kitchens weren't that important in 1920??) and the first room that you walk into when you come into our house using our side door (which everyone does!).






 I did this BIG project the week between Christmas and new years last year.   I LOVE the way it turned out but it was a ton of work! When we moved in our kitchen was knotty pine-yuck!!! It was awful!





I love the rest of our house and the kitchen was my least favorite room. Right after we moved in Graig, my Dad and I spent a few days and painted our whole kitchen blue. I liked the way it looked for a few years but after a while I wanted a change! So right after Christmas I decided to get to work. It took a lot of work but I am SO glad I did it! I really, really like our kitchen now!




It was a HUGE risk because if I messed it up it was going to cost us a ton of money to fix.  But by the time I painted our kitchen and cabinets I felt pretty confident because I had already painted almost every room in our house.  Thankfully I  love the way it turned out.  This is a risk I am really glad that I took and I am thankful that I have a husband who is supportive of all of my painting and constant re-decorating!  It will be fun to look through all the posts on risk taking maybe I will find my next project!

1 comments:

Bonita said...

What a great color combination! Nice work!