Friday, May 20, 2011

Best main dish ever!

Today Kelly's Korner is hosting Main Dishes on Show Us Your Life.
 I am dying for new recipes!  I feel like we eat the same things over and over every week.  This recipe is Graig's absolute favorite dinner and Brock and Ava like it too so in the winter I try to make it every week. Graig and Brock are VERY picky eaters.  They only eat about 6 different things each so I'm glad they like this recipe.  I got it from the a Taste of Home cookbook.    It's called Crescent Chicken Casserole. 
(picture from Taste of Home)

Crescent Chicken Casserole
2-3 cooked chicken breasts ( I usually cook mine the night before)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 can corn
1 can green beans
1 can cream of potato soup
salt and pepper to taste
1 tube of crescent rolls
Mix the above ingredients all together and cook for 20 minutes in a 13x9 pan, roll out crescent rolls  and place on top of the casserole bake another 10 minutes or so until the rolls are golden brown. 

This recipe is very versatile.  You can add different vegetables if your family doesn't like corn and green beans.  You can also used frozen vegetables if you buy those.    A different cream soup is OK too (the original recipe called for mushroom soup but no one but me likes that soup in our family).

I serve this with a salad. It's a great, quick weeknight meal. Sometimes if I am in a real hurry I make this the night before so I can just pop it in the oven when I get home from work. Try this your family you will love it!



0 comments: