Thursday, May 26, 2011

My summer favorites!

Summer is my absolute favorite time of year! I LOVE hot weather, cookouts, swimming and just being outside in the sunshine.  Today I'm going to talk about all of my favorite summer things!  Even though Brock and Ava have school until the end of June I feel like summer started last Saturday when the College I work for had it's graduation.  With the students gone I feel like I have more time to relax and work on projects that I don't have time to do during the school year.

These are my 10 summer favorites listed in no particular order

1.  Orange Julius/Peanut Buster Parfait-we pass by the Dairy Queen every.single.day. and Brock and Ava ALWAYS want to stop.  I try to limit it to once a week-ha ha! My favorite things to get are an Orange Julius or a Peanut Buster Parfait.  This year I am proud to say that I've only had one Peanut Buster Parfait so far!  They are SO good but SO fattening. My friend Sabrina from Poppies and Pinwheels craved them when she was pregnant so being a good friend I would always get them with her!  We ate way too many PBP's that year! My Dad would  buy my sister Shelby and I an Orange Julius every time we would go to the mall so when I get one they make me think of him :)


2. Essie Chinchilly nail polish-I LOVE this color!  I got a pedi last week and brought my own bottle of chinchilly nail polish for my feet.  My friend (and nail polish expert) Allison got me hooked on this color.  I think this will be my go to nail polish all summer.  I always get compliments when I wear it and now Essie is sold at our Wal-Mart! 

3. Tomatoes-I love summer tomatoes!  I planted two kinds of summer tomatoes in our garden and my sweet neighbor bought me a patio tomato plant so hopefully we will have a lot of tomatoes around our house this summer.  I love making BLT's and brushetta and Ava loves eating them straight off the vine like an apple!

4.  Organization-I love when things are organized so I am trying to spend 15 minutes each day organizing all of our closets, cabinets, and basement.  I recently found this organizing blog and I am SO jealous of how she has everything in her house organized.  She is such an inspiration, I want my house to be that organized!  Sabrina had a thirty one gifts party last night and they have amazing organizational accessories.  I bought this tote (with a monogram in the mod polkadot design) last night and I can't wait to get it!


5.  Flowers-I love planting summer flowers!  I started buying our flowers last weekend.  I have a few flowerbeds, pots and flower boxes so I try to do one area at a time so I don't get overwhelmed.  My favorite flowers are zinnias.  I already bought two big pots of them. 


6.  Fireworks- We have a baseball camp right by our house and every Thursday night in the summer they have fireworks.  We always go to the golf course behind our house and watch the fireworks with our friends and neighbors.  It's a fun summer tradition for us!
7.  Baseball-As usual we are going to be going to a lot of baseball games this summer.  Brock is playing and Graig is coaching so Ava and I will be watching a lot of baseball!  I can't believe he is going to be a FRESHMAN next year! 
8.  Moisturizer-Every day I use Oil of Olay SPF 30 on my face.  I have very dry skin and this helps.  I hope the SPF prevents wrinkles-ha ha!
9.  Ainsley-I can't wait to visit my precious niece Ainsley this summer!  She lives too far away from us.  Thankfully I get to see pictures of her every day on my sister's blog.  She is getting SO big and she is the spitting image of my sister! 

10.  Yard Sales-I LOVE going to yard sales every Saturday morning with Allison and Sabrina!  We always find the best stuff and have a great time!  I always look for small furniture to paint, milk glass, old jars and picture frames.  We usually get breakfast or lunch  and then get together again later on Saturday afternoon to fix up and paint the stuff that we found earlier in the day at the sales!
 

Whew that was a looong list!  If you are still reading-thank you!  As you can see I love summer and I am so happy that it's starting!  What are your favorite things about summer?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We are SO sisters! I love all of your top 10 (especially #9) and I'm going to have to try that nailpolish!

AG said...

That's a good list. I'll have to get you hooked on other nail polish this summer.