Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Crafty Wednesday {girlfriend gift bags}

So two weeks ago I went on a beach trip with some of my best friends.  We went to Cape Cod for three days and had a great time talking, laughing, shopping and going to the beach.

Here is a picture of us from our trip.  I love these girls so much!  The weather was pretty terrible all weekend but we still had fun!

















I knew we were going to be gone over Kentucky Derby weekend so I wanted to make something for my friends for the Kentucky Derby.  I thought monogrammed mint julep glasses would be perfect!  I ordered the mint julep glasses online and then I had my friend and neighbor Heidi monogram them for me.  I love the way they turned out!  I made mint juleps for everyone to drink while we watched the Kentucky Derby.  They are not my favorite drink but these glasses are adorable and they are stainless steel so we will have them for many future Kentucky Derby parties.

I told my dear friend Rachael about my idea and she decided to make the girls tote bags.  She makes tote bags and sells them in her family grocery store.  This is the one I bought from her this spring I love it!  



















For our trip she made navy and pink "GO SEA DO" bags because we were going to the beach. We put all of our other goodies for our friends inside the bags.

Our friend Amy put margarita glasses in as one of her gifts and she put in a giant beach towel in the bags as well-it was so thoughtful of her everyone loved the glasses and the towels!!  I know I will use my towel all summer.  
 

Here is a peek of the towels.  She got pink and blue to go along with the bags.  


Here are the finished bags ready to be given to our friends!  This was so fun to do.  I love making gifts for my friends when we go on trips!  Last year my friend Sabrina and I made monogrammed beach bags for our friends for our Florida beach trip.  You can see how we made them here.  



I hope you have a great Wednesday!  It is HOT here and I plan to spend as much time as possible outside today enjoying the beautiful sunshine!
Xoxo

0 comments: