Monday, May 8, 2017

Girls Weekend {Cape Cod}

I just got back from the BEST weekend .  I took a girls trip to Cape Cod.  We have been planning it for months and it was a perfect weekend.  I'm so glad we were able to get away and enjoy!


 

We left Thursday right after work.  It's about 5.5 hours away and we stopped for dinner at a restaurant featured on Diners,Drive-ins  and Dives on the way out. 

 

Friday we got up early and headed to the beach.  It was cold and cloudy so we didn't stay too long but we all love the beach so we had to go!

 

My friend Stephanie is an amazing kitchen designer and she also is a photographer she took these pics (with her iPhone!) at the beach.  I think they are gorgeous and want to get a couple printed for our house.

 

We stayed at my dear friend Amy's sister in law's house in Dennis.  Ava goes to Cape Cod every year with Amy and her family.  Here is a picture of the outside of the house.  It was so cute and cozy inside.  I can't wait to go back!

 

Friday during the day we went to a winery and shopped at World Market.  The winery was adorable and the owners were great.  It was a fun way to celebrate the day.  I took pics of Patriots stuff they had and sent them to Brock because he loves the  Patriots!

 

Friday night we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with lots of snacks and margaritas!  We had most of our meals at home which was nice.  We saved money and we didn't have to go out.  We ate SO much.  I think everyone is starting their diets today!

 

Saturday morning we went back to the beach for an early morning walk.  

 

On Saturday we went to a craft show and we all got matching BFF bracelets.  Each of us got a different one which was fun.  I got an anchor.

 

Saturday night we ordered in and watched the Kentucky Derby.  We all bet on the horses and my horse Always Dreaming won!  We all brought Derby Hats and I made us Mint Juleps. I bought these julep cups and my friend Heidi monogrammed them for me.  I'm going to do my Crafty Wednesday post about them this week :-) 

 

Sunday was our last day on the Cape.  We took one last morning walk on the beach (it was finally sunny!) before heading home.  

 

 

It was a great weekend! We are all so busy with our jobs and families it was fun to have time together.

Xoxo 

0 comments: