Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Crafty Wednesday {hometown ornaments}

Happy Wednesday friends!  Tonight we’re having a party to celebrate the Tree lighting in Rockefeller Center.  Last year it was a tree from our back yard in Rockefeller Center and one year ago today we were in NYC for the tree lighting with our family members and friends.  

This year we are looking forward to a quiet night at home with our friends watching the tree lighting in TV.






   
 Today is a great day and I’m excited to share this simple craft with you today.



  I love making ornaments for the holidays.  Our tree is full of homemade ornaments that Brock and Ava have made over the years.  I also like to make an ornaments and this year for my annual Holiday Market I had the idea to make wood slice  hometown ornaments.  I sold the 15 that I made for the Holiday Market and then I took orders for 40 more ornaments.  People love these ornaments and that makes me so happy!


To make this project you will need wood slice ornaments.  I ordered mine from Amazon.  You can also cut ornaments from a tree branch which would be free :-). I just ordered them because it was easier.  This is the set I ordered. 

You will also need a silhoutte vinyl cutting machine. I got the small Portrait for $120 three years ago for Christmas and I use it all the time.  Honestly, this little machine has paid for itself multiple times over I use it to crafts and we also use it for our craft classes at Branch and Bloom.


I downloaded a script font from DaFont and used it for the vinyl for my ornaments. They have so many to choose from!  




My ornaments are 3.5-4 inches across so I printed my hometown vinyl 3 inches across.  I also added a little red heart for some color.  You could do your heart in your school colors which would be so cute.  

These are quick and easy gifts for the holidays.  If you make some let me know.  I would love to see how they turn out.


Happy Wednesday!  

Xoxo

0 comments: