Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Joe Biden at Procters

I have always admired Joe Biden and I was thrilled to hear he was going to be speaking in Schenectady, NY. My friends and I bought tickets and we went to see him last night.  It was a great night.  He spoke about his new book that everyone in the audience got a copy of with the purchase of their ticket to see him speak.


We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant right by the theater before the event and it was so good.  All of their pasta was homemade and it was delicious.  I got the mushroom farfalle and it was so good!


Before dinner we walked through the theatre to get from the parking lot to the restaurant and our friend Faith got interviewed on TV.  



After dinner we made our way to the theatre for the program.      
Joe Biden’s daughter Ashley introduced him and then the audience sang him happy birthday because it was his birthday. 


Joe was gracious and humble and he is a great storyteller.  He spoke about  his son Beau who died of cancer and the work that he has done since his death in raising funds for cancer research.  He also spoke about his family and how his parents encouraged him and supported him throughout his life.  



He talked briefly about running for President  in 2020 but said he hasn’t made a decision about running in that election.

I am so glad that we went last night.  He is so interesting and I learned a lot about his life and family by listening to him talk last night.

When we left we were each given s copy of his new book. I can’t wait to curl up and read this over Thanksgiving break.




I hope you had a good Tuesday!
Xoxo

0 comments: