Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday Snack {Stuffing Balls}

A few days ago  my friend Rachael and I hosted our 5th annual Friendsgiving feast for our friends.  I make a turkey breast and stuffing for the party and Rachael makes ham and mashed potatoes.  Our friends each bring a side dish.  This year we also asked them to bring non-perishable food items for the food pantry. 


Here we are before our friends arrived.  We got our turkey leg headbands on amazon.



We always have Friendsgiving at Rachael’s house because she has a big, open area for us all to sit.  We decorated the table very simply this year with eucalyptus and white candles.



This year instead of regular stuffing I made stuffing balls.  They were SO good and they are easy to make they are a nice twist on regular stuffing.  They are perfect for a Friendsgiving because people can  pop them in their mouth with a toothpick. 



I got the recipe from my friend Julie at her Friendsgiving party which was last weekend.  They were so good!!  At her Friendsgiving she collected pajamas and toys for needy children for Christmas.  Here are some pictures from her party.


Here is the recipe.

{Stuffing Balls}
1 pan of prepared stuffing.  I used homemade and Julie used Stovetop stuffing for hers.  Both were delicious!

1 lb. pork breakfast sausage cooked, drained and crumbled

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 eggs beaten 

1/3 cup dried cranberries minced 

8-16 ounces of Turkey broth.

Add all ingredients (except broth) to a large bowl and stir. Add broth to combine ingredients until it is “wet” enough to form  into balls.  Roll stuffing mixture into 1 inch balls with your hands or a cookie scooper  and cook balls in oven for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. 
 
{Cranberry dipping sauce}

Make this dipping sauce to go with your stuffing balls.
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce

1/4 cup orange juice

Pinch sea salt

Combine cranberry sauce, orange juice and sea salt and cook over medium heat on stove top until thinned out and combined. 

These stuffing balls were a big hit!  I’m going to make them again for Thanksgiving Day.

Here are some other pictures from our Friendsgiving. We had 16 people.  It was a fun lunch and it’s one of my favorite holiday traditions.


I made candy corn and peanuts as a party favor for our Friendsgiving.  I think they turned out cute🍂🦃



Candy corn and peanuts is my most famous recipe. 😂. They even talked about my candy corn and peanuts recipe on the Today show last fall!
Here is a link to the video.

The same day as our Friendsgiving I hosted a Friendsgiving for the ladies in my aqua aerobics class at the Y.  I teach aqua aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and I have the best ladies that come to class.  It was fun to be able to get together and share a meal.  They loved the stuffing  balls!



I hope you have a great day!!  Today I have my 5th annual  Holiday Market. My friend Rachael and I started this at her house  5 years ago and a few years ago we moved it to our friend Stephanie’s kitchen design showroom because it got so big.  We invite our crafty friends to come and set up booths and sell their items.  We serve cookies and punch  and play festive music and everyone has a great time!  This year admission the the event is three canned goods for the food pantry.

Here are some of the items I’m selling






I’ll have a full report on the Holiday Market tomorrow.

Xoxo 

0 comments: