Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are you a hospitality queen?

I just discovered a great new blog Southern Fried Dreams. This girl has some great ideas and recipes. While I was reading through her blog I found this little quiz. It was so cute that I wanted to put it on my blog. I hope she doesn't mind :)
I LOVE being a hostess. One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to have people over to our house for parties. We aren't formal people at all, but we do like to have our friends over to eat, have fun and hang out. Our favorite summer parties are cookouts and in the fall/winter when it's too cold to be outside we like to have to have people over to watch football. Graig loves football, me not so much but it's more fun when we have people over to watch the games. Since we have kids most of our parties end pretty early...like 10pm (when I was in college that is the time we were getting ready to go out not go to sleep-ha ha!) but it's still fun to get together with friends. We are having a little party on Saturday night with some other baseball families. It should be fun!
I took this quiz and got a 26!

Give yourself one point for every question you answer “yes”.
1. Cooked supper last night.
2. Have at least one apron.
3. Make weekly menus to grocery shop from
4. Consider the color of food when you prepare a meal.
5. Light candles in your home daily
6. Have at least 10 cookbooks. BONUS Add 5 points if you cook from at least 5 of them!
7. Have something in your refrigerator/pantry right now that you could prepare a whole meal.
8. Know how to make a cheese sauce.(not melted velveeta).
9. Have at least 3 different sets of matching napkins/placemats.
10. Have more than 2 sets of dishes
11. Enjoy reading cookbooks like others enjoy reading magazines/novels
12. Entertained in your home within the last month.
13. Worked in your yard/garden this last week.
14. Know what you are serving for breakfast in the morning.
15. Know how to make a curtain - mistreatments count!
16. Ever copied a décor idea from someone else. BONUS Add 5 points if someone has copied an idea from you.
17. Play background music when entertaining.
18. Ever crafted your own flower arrangement. BONUS Add 5 points if you used fresh cut
flowers from your own garden/yard.
19. Baked something from scratch within the last month.
20. Updated your home for summer.

5 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Thanks for the shout out! I scored 23 today...

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh, how fun! I got a 26 too...such a fun quiz!
Carrie

Jill said...

Oh, this is soo cute! I might have to post it on my blog too. My last post was depressing. :)

Mags said...

I love this post. I love to entertain, but sadly didn't make break out of the teens. My sister will love this hospitality poll though...I'm going to forward it to her.

Katie said...

Thanks so much for your prayers! Blogging friends amaze me. I know prayers carried me through those rough weeks in the hospital and recovery.

Hope your summer is going well!