Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kimba's Garden Party

Kimba, one of my favorite bloggers is having a Garden Party Today!! You should go to her site and see all the people that have posted some beautiful summer projects and flowers, I can't wait to go through all of them and get some good ideas. I love planting flowers and making the outside of our house look pretty. It's a never ending job! I think I will always have a project I want to do or a new idea I want to try. Here are some pictures from our yard this year.

I made this chair planter this year. I love the way it turned out. I got the chair for $3 at a yard sale and the seat was missing so it was perfect for putting a pot right where the seat goes. I spray painted the chair cream and then I dry brushed black and apple green over the whole chair. I posted about this project here. This is a bird bath that we made in our Craft Club last year. This is the second summer that I have had it out I think I like it better this year than last year. When it rains it fills up with water. My super talented friend Sabrina wants us to make these again with a smaller leaf on top and a larger leaf on bottom so we can make a fountain. I think those would be so pretty!These are the flowers hanging up on our garage. To save money this year I put together my own baskets. I just went to the nursery and got a lot of sun loving plants and stuck them in this planter that I already had. They have already grown so much! I got two of these little pots of petunias at Lowe's for only $5!! I couldn't believe how cheap they were. They are by our side door. I love the white, pink and red together. Ava's tomato plants on our deck. The girl loves tomatoes!! The bigger plant are Roma tomatoes and the smaller one is grape tomatoes. They look a little droopy, I will have to water them tonight!
I love this window box right by our side door. Usually I try to do a color theme in this box but this year I just put in a lot of sun loving flowers.
I hope you enjoyed my garden tour, It will be so fun to look at all the other bloggers who are participating in the Garden Tour. Go to Kimba's blog to see more of the Garden Party


















7 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love, love, love the chair turned into a planter. I have an old chair that I should do this too. And I love, love, love the leaf bird bath. How did you make it? It would be great to use a smaller leaf on top to make a fountain. All your flowers look fabulous. We always plant our hanging planters each year. Much cheaper than buying them already done.

Sabrina said...

Your flowers are lovely. And I like the bird bath. I can't believe it is a craft! It is gorgeous. Great job.

That Girl said...

love the bird bath!

Janet said...

I love the chair turned planter.It looks fabulous. All of it is just lovely.

Southern Fried Gal said...

You have a knack with flowers! The leaf bird bath is very cool!

Jill said...

Ahh... your garden is so pretty. Love all the colors.

Kimba said...

I would LOVE to know how you made that birdbath!

Kimba