Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sick day project

Since Brock was sick for the 3rd day in a row yesterday, I stayed home with him all three days. We watched a lot of TV and movies while he was sick and just took it easy. I am so glad he is feeling better and is back to school today.


While I was home yesterday, I painted this chair and made it into a planter. I love how it turned out! I bought this chair last weekend at a yard sale for only $2!! I have been looking for one and I was so happy that I found one at my first yard sale of the season.
I spray painted the whole thing cream and then I painted on black paint and green paint (called fresh foliage, I LOVE that color!) and wiped it off with a paper towel. I wanted the chair to look really old and worn. I bought the pink petunias at a green house. I put the planter right outside our french doors that go to our deck so we can see it from our dining room and the deck.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that chair--you are so crafty!

Jill said...

Great job on the chair... I love the way it turn out.

AG said...

Oooh, cute! I was just thinking of how cute this is this the other day. I also really like the thought of using an old red wagon as a planter.

Valerie said...

Oh, my son was just like that last week! It's so hard to see them miserable like that :(

Love that chair! What a creative project!