Friday, May 8, 2009

Show us where you live Friday!!

Today Kelly's tour continues with Living Rooms!! Our living room is my favorite room in our house, and it's where I spend all of my time. Graig and I fight over the "big couch" because it's so comfortable and we can spread out and watch TV. Our house was built in 1920 and when we first looked at what sold me on it was the fireplace. When we moved there was a wood burning stove which we took out. For Christmas last year our present from my Dad was money to put in an electric insert, which we haven't bought yet. We are going to look again in the fall when the inserts are out in the stores.
This is a view from the front door.
Another view from the front door, I love our red couches! I want to move them down to the basement and get a small sectional for our living room, I think that would be a better use of the space.



A view of our fireplace, I just got the glass jars from Ballard designs and I am not sure what to put in them yet!I just painted these shelves white at Christmas time, I am slowly painting all of our trim white. That is on my to-do list for tonight and tomorrow since Brock doesn't have a Little League game. This is a view looking into our sun room. The arch to the left leads to the dining room. On the door is a wicker mirror that Ava made for us when she went to Art Camp. I love it!We got this chalk board at Pottery Barn Kids. We got it for Brock and he outgrew it and then Ava used it now they are both too big for it but I am not ready to give it up yet. I think it looks cute in our living room.

TGIF!! I am so glad it's the weekend. We have a lot of stuff to do around the house this weekend and Sunday is Mother's Day!! We are going out to brunch at the Country Club by our house, it should be fun.

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your living room. I can see why it's your favorite room. So warm and inviting. I love your accessories. I would be comfortable there too. Hugs, Marty

Michelle said...

You have such a beautiful, warm home. Kind of reminds me of the shop--No Place Life Home in Macomb.