Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cute craft project!!


On Friday night I made this adorable wall hanging for Ava's room using a old window that I got for $3 at a yard sale last summer!  I LOVE making these windows they are so easy and it only took me about an hour start to finish.

Here is the finished project, I LOVE the way it turned out!!  Ava and I went to Michael's and she chose the  paint colors and the scrapbook paper



Here are some pictures during the process.  I left the glass in and modge podged the scrapbook paper over the glass. 

I painted polka dots on top and stripes on the sides. 

I used my Vera Bradley catalog to make a pattern for the scrapbook paper. 


Here is one that I made for our living room using the colors that we have in there.  I also want to make one using reds and blues for Brock's room. 



I can't wait to see what other projects people worked on this week!  Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is way tooooooo cute. What a great idea. Hugs, Marty

Southern Fried Gal said...

I LOVE the one you did for Ava. I want one! Too cute!!!

Michelle said...

You are so creative!!! Wished we lived closer so we could do more sister projects!!!

Dana said...

This is a great idea. I was just looking at all my beautiful paper last night. I felt like wall papering a wall with it! haha They have so many pretty papers. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

This is such a cute idea! I love the colors and papers Ava picked. It turned out great.