Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Being healthy

I wrote a few weeks ago about the green monster drink that have a few days a week for breakfast.  It's SOOO good and he keeps me full until lunch time and I get 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables in each green monster!
Here is my recipe, I know I posted this a few weeks ago but I have been tweaking it and this is the one that I use
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 package of frozen chopped spinach
1 banana
1 cup of frozen fruit  I use a mixture of strawberries, mango, peaches and pineapple from Wal-Mart(I thaw this overnight in the fridge)
ice
I mix this all togehter and it fits in my large 21 ounce starbucks cup.  I mix this up before I go to the gym in the morning and then I drink it as I am getting ready for work. 


I have been taking morning classes at the YMCA since the beginning of the year.  This morning I have my hardes class of the week.  It's called dynamic interval training and it's HARD.  The dynamic interval is 3 minutes of cardio, 3 minutes of strength, and 3 minutes of core then repeat that pattern for an hour doing different exercises.    During my first class in January I thought I was going to throw up thankfully I didn't and I stuck it out.  I actually look forward to going to this class now. 

Our instructor has started adding Tabata intervals during our cardio portion.  These are a killer but really effective. I thought I would mention them here because they are raise your metabolism for 36 hours after you complete one and you can do the exercises at home if you want. 
Each tabata takes four minutes and you do 4 exercises for 20 seconds as hard or fast as you can and then you rest for 10 seconds before continuing on to the next exercise.  After you complete a set you do a second set which equals 4 minutes of hard cardio. 

Also Brock and I have started doing 100 sit ups and 100 push ups each night...OK we did it last night and I hope we continue again tonight-ha ha!

0 comments: