Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cookie night!!

Like everyone I love the Pioneer Woman's Blog.  Last Christmas she did a post about sugar cookies and  icing.  I tried these cookies for Brock's 8th grade graduation party and they turned out great.  For his party I just made round cookies this time I wanted to try shapes. Her recipe made about 4 dozen cookies it was very simple but the whole baking and icing process took 4 hours.  When I make these again I will bake one night and ice them another night.     


Here is my little helper Ava mixing the icing.  See that new hot pink feather in her hair?  She got that yesterday when she got her hair cut. 

Here are some of the cookies after they were piped with frosting.  This is the part that took the longest.  I'm not sure if it's really necessary so probably won't do this next time or just do some of them this way. 

The best thing I got for cookie decorating were these squeeze bottles at Walmart in their cake decorating section.  They were $2 for two of them.  I just put my icing in these and started decorating! 


I also printed out these  adorable tags from the Crafting Chicks blog

Here are the finished cookies!  We used a variety of sprinkles, colored sugar and different icing tips.  They aren't perfect but I am so proud of how they turned out! 

Here's a close up I think they green and red star is my favorite one!

The best part about these cookies is that they taste SO good!  I  let them dry overnight and this morning I put them on plates so I could give them to our friends and neighbors.  I could eat ALL of these if they stayed in our house!

0 comments: