Thursday, December 15, 2011

Craft night!


Tuesday night my friend Allison and I got together to make some cute candy cane vases. While we worked we watched Christmas Vacation (Love that movie!) and ate Chinese food.   This is really an
easy and fun craft project!  These took about 15 minutes to make!  Here is the finished product.

My assistant and constant shadow Ava is holding the empty container that I used. It's an empty cotton candy container from Wal-Mart.  (Allison's idea-brilliant!) I found this in the Christmas candy aisle.   We just cut off the very top so our candy canes would stick out. 
I used 3 boxes of plain candy canes on my vase.   Here is an in progress picture.

Almost finished!

When I was finished I just tied a bow around the center and was done!  These would make easy (and cheap!) gifts for teachers and neighbors.  I spent $9 on this.  The little tree in the vase was $5 from Walmart, the candy canes were $1 per box and the cotton candy was $1. 


Speaking of candy canes here is another project I just finished.  It's a candy cane wreath I made using red and white felt.  This was such an easy project, I love those!  I followed the tutorial from I heart naptime.  For Valentine's Day I am just going to switch out my green ribbon for a pink one. 

 My last day of work for the week is today!  I took tomorrow off to help Ava at the Nutcracker.  She has two performances tomorrow.   One during the day for area schools and one in the evening.  Happy Thursday! 

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Both came out cute, glad you guys had fun!

Melany said...

Hi! Hope the Nutcracker went well. Glad you are having such a festive holiday season! Looking forward to a ballet picture post!