Monday, March 7, 2016

Crafty Wednesday

Rachael and I made these wooden trays for our January craft night and lately we have had a few orders for them which has been great!  I also made one as a gift for a friend. 


The first thing you have to do is cut your wood.  I get my wood cut at Home Depot.  You can get any size want depending on how you want to use it. 


Next you stain your wood.  I  used dark walnut but gray stain is pretty on these too. 


After staining you mark of the area for your chalkboard with chalkboard tape. 
I do the tape all the way around so a rectangle chalkboard is in the center.

After the chalkboard paint is dry (I do 4 coats) take off your tape and add your handles.  We used sash handles from Walmart.  They are $3 each. 

I added the tape back on after this was dry so you could see how I do the tape :)

Drilling the handles is your last step.


Here's the finished project!
 I made one for myself and I use it on our table and to serve at parties.


I also made my friend Heidi one for her birthday. I also made her the coasters.  I'll show that tutorial next week :-)


Happy crafting!
Xoxo

0 comments: