Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A box of happy

My good friend H lost her grandmother over the weekend. H's grandma was full of life and love and she adored H and her sister.  She loved to cook, bake, garden and spend time with her family. Sadly I never got the chance to meet her but H loved her and talked about her grandma all the time.  I feel like I did get to know her a little bit through H.

Here's a pic of H, me and R from my birthday lunch last winter.


Bestie R and I were  at a loss for what to get H to let her know that we are thinking of her during this difficult time.  You see H is an amazing cook so any food item was out, she has an amazing garden full of vegetables and flowers so flowers were out.  H even taught me how to can!  She cans everything from her amazing garden.



  Thank goodness for Pinterest!  We were looking there and found a cute idea for a Box of Sunshine.  We decided to get her a box of yellow items to cheer her up. Here is the finished product!  I think it turned out so cute.  

 

We dropped it off this morning and H loved it!  It was a fun little project for us to work on this week.
Xoxo 

0 comments: