Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving day!

We had the best, most relaxing Thanksgiving Day ever!  We've had a busy few weeks and it was so great just to be home and have a low key, low stress day.


I did get up bright and early to help with our local Turkey Trot to benefit Hospice.  Hospice does wonderful work in our community so I was happy to volunteer for a few hours. I helped with registration which was great because I got to see and talk to s lot of people.

Here is a picture of the volunteers.  I love the Turkey Trot shirts the runners got.  It was a great morning!

 

After the Turkey Trot I went home and got ready for our Thanksgiving dinner.  It was just Graig, Ava, me and Grandma Jan.  Since Brock was just home he didn't cone home again for Thanksgiving :-( 

A few weeks ago my friend Sabrina made me this succulent pumpkin I used it as our centerpiece for Thanksgiving.  I love it so much I'm going to keep it and use it in my Christmas decor.

 

For Thanksgiving I cooked a turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and rolls.  Usually I do more but I wanted to keep it simple this year. .  We have tons of leftovers which we love!

Here are Ava, Grandma Jan and me after our Thsnksgiving feast.  

 

After we ate we watched the parade (it was on repeat) and just hung out together.  I also pulled out some Christmas declarations and started decorating.  ''Tis the season.  I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Xoxo 

0 comments: