Thursday, September 28, 2017

Ava update {one month}

As of today Ava has been in the Czech Republic for one month.   I thought I would post a monthly update during her year so everyone could stay up to date with what's she's been up to during time in the Czech Republic.  


Ava is staying with a great host family  and we have been in touch with them via Facebook.  Ava's host mom sends me pictures every week which has been wonderful.

One month ago we were at the airport saying goodbye to our Ava.  I was so happy to get passes to go all the way to the gate with her.  It was great to be able to spend extra time with her.  






Ava's host family met her at the airport with a big welcome sign.  






After they left the airport they visited a few places in Prague before heading home. 


Here is Ava in front of her school. She started school a week after she arrived in Czech.



Here is a Snapchat pic from Ava's host sister ❤️



Ava's host family likes to eat out (just like us!) so that has been fun for her. 




Last weekend Ava went on a weekend retreat with all of the other exchange  students that are living in Czech.  She made some new friends
.  

This pictures is also from the retreat.  I loved it so much I had it printed on a wood panel for our dining room.  



She's also been doing some sightseeing.  She sent me these pics yesterday.  She was at the Bolt Tower in Ostrava. 





I can't believe it's already been a month.  I hope the rest of the year flies by.  We miss her so so much!

Xoxo

0 comments: