Friday, September 8, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Today I am linking up with Shay, Mel, and Shaeffer for  What's Up Wednesday where we share random things that we've been up to this month.  August flew by for us!  Brock was home for a week and we got Ava ready to go for her year in the Czech Republic.  You can read my past WUW posts below







What we're eating this week....Yesterday I started my fall diet.  I'm tracking everything in my fitness pal and I'm hoping to lose a little weight.  

What I'm reminiscing about....The summer!  We had a great summer but it flew by.  I loved having both of our kids home for a week in August.  It's crazy to me that Brock is all grown up and Ava is almost all grown up.  I am so proud of both of them and I love when we are all together.


What I'm loving...I love everything about fall and I'm excited that it's that time of year.   On Friday I am going to pull out all of my fall decorations and I can't wait!


What we've been up to...The school year started for Graig and I last Monday so we have been busy, busy, busy at work.  I work with fraternity and sorority students and last Friday we had our annual Greek phot shoot. I had to be on the roof with the photographer during the photo shoot and I took some pics with my phone.  I hope we have a great year! 


What I'm dreading...Thankfully nothing at the moment! 

What I'm working on....Fall is my busiest season for work and in my volunteer activities.  My day is busy working with college students, I also work part time for a non profit and in the October we have our annual donor reception so I'm busy preparing for that.  I am also on the committee that plans the annual Pit Run.  This year I am also the race director. The Pit Run is a road race in memory of a state trooper that was killed in Oneonta in '94. The annual event raises money for his foundation.  This year is the 24th annual race!  We plan and prepare all year for the race and I'm really excited for it!  

What I'm excited about...I'm really trying hard to say no to things and slow down and enjoy the fall and quiet time st home with Graig.  I feel this past few years has been SO busy for us and I'm looking forward to slowing down and enjoying time together. 

What I'm watching/reading...I haven't been watching TV but I've been reading a lot of books.  You can see my July/August book review here.  





What I'm wearing...cardigans!  It's been a little cool here so I layer cardigans over my summer dresses. I find the best cardigans at Target! 

What I'm doing this weekend...I'm working a little because it's the end of fraternity and sorority rush and I'm going to dinner Friday and Saturday nights with friends and I'm working on a project for the garden club, and I'm going to learn how to make empanadas. I'm exhausted just typing all of that but I'm looking forward to a fun weekend!  

What I'm looking forward to next month...We are putting a new fireplace in our living room.  I can't wait to get started on that project!  

What else is new...We have a temporary empty nest and though I miss Ava like crazy I am trying to enjoy the time that she is gone and concentrate on things I want to get done this year.  I have a big list and I hope to do a blog post soon about my plans!  She is enjoying the Czech Republic and that makes my heart happy ❤️❤️


0 comments: