Thursday, October 12, 2017

Crafty Wednesday {Fall centerpiece}

Last Friday I made a fun fall centerpiece with my friends Jenn and Barb.  Jenn and I wanted to do something fun for Barb’s  birthday and we thought these centerpieces would be a fun way to celebrate her birthday.



I’ll show you the easy step by step directions below.  Start with a pretty fall container.  This can be anything and use what you have in your house.  I had this big wooden bowl that I got last year at a yard sale.  I thought it was perfect for this project. 

Since my bowl was wooden I cut a plastic bag in case any water spilled from the pots.  I don’t want to ruin my bowl so the plastic bag was a good and free option.


This was our inspiration picture from Southern Living Magazine.  We wanted to create something similar to this. 


Jenn bought all of our plants because I was away last week at a conference.   She bought a big variety and tried to match those from the picture as close as she could. 


For this arrangement we kept the plants in their original pots.  Because of that it was SO easy to put this arrangement together:  It will make the arrangement easy to water.

I added the biggest plant first.  I’m not sure what this is but I love the pretty fall colors.  


Next I added an ornamental cabbage.


Then I added a small potted mum, a couple of small succulents and white mini pumpkins.  I found some pretty pine cones on a walk one day last week so I  added those too.





To cover the pots we tucked in some dried moss that we gotat  the Dollar Tree.  The moss really finished off the arrangement.  


This was a quick and easy project and it will last until Thanksgiving.  I love projects like that!  

Barb the birthday girl was so happy!  She loved creating a centerpiece for her birthday.  She is on the right in this picture.  After we made our centerpieces we took her to dinner.  


I hope you enjoyed the project this week.



Happy Wednesday!
Xoxo

0 comments: