Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday friends!   I’m excited for a fun fall weekend.  We’ve got some fun things planned and a few house projects so it should be a good mix or work and fun.  I love weekends like that!  Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites.



1.  I was so sad to learn about the horrible shooting in Las Vegas  earlier this week.  I’ve been watching the news and I’m devestated by it.  I feel awful for all the people that lost their lives or who were hurt by this terrible  tragedy. Next week at our October craft class for Branch and Bloom we will be collecting money to send the the Red Cross to help in Las Vegas. 



2.  I’ve spent the past two days at the Mohonk Mountain House at a conference for my part time non profit job for FOF. Its been a fabulous conference I’ve learned a lot for my job, met a lot of amazing people and have had a great time!  I’ve been taking morning hikes with my friend Petrea who is here with me.  The views are incredible!





3. For our October craft night for Branch and Bloom we are going to be making succulent pumpkin topiaries.  I made one as a sample and I just love it.  I love using succulents in our craft nights.


4.  Last Sunday was the 24th annual Pit Run.  It's a 5k or 10k road race in memory of a police officer killed in Oneonta in  1994. They also have have a 2 mile stroll. It's a really great event and I’ve been  on the planning committee for the past few years.  It’s a lot of work but it’s really amazing to be part of it.  Here's a picture of all the racers at the starting line.  I love seeing the big flag at the start line. 

5.  Yesterday I did my September book review. You can read my book review here.

6.  Tonight I’m going to make a fall centerpiece with some friends.  We have been gathering our supplies all week and it will be fun to put together.  This is our inspiration picture.
Hopefully they will turn out cute ❤️


That’s my Friday Favorites for this week.  I hope you have a great weekend!

Xoxo 

0 comments: