Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Our weekend

It was a beautiful weekend in upstate NY.      This weekend was jammed packed with activities and fun. I love, love, love fall weekends and this weekend I enjoyed every single second. 

Friday night my friend Jenn and I planned a birthday surprise for our friend Barb. Jenn and I bought all of the supplies to make fall centerpieces and then we went to Jenn's house and put them together. It was so fun to put the flowers together.  I am going to show a full tutorial on them tomorrow for crafty Wednesday.  After we made our arrangements we went to dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant in Cooperstown.  It was really a great night!


Saturday morning I was up bright and early to go to a Rotary pancake breakfast.  The breakfast supports the Rotary Youth Exchange Program that Ava is participating in this year.  The breakfast was delicious!  

At the breakfast I got to meet the two exchange students that are in our town for the year.  It was great to meet them.  They were so cute and so far they are having a great year!


Saturday after breakfast my friend Rachael and her boys and I went to a pumpkin patch.  It was such a fun way to spend the afternoon.  We also stopped by the state police 100th anniversary party (the boys thought that was so fun!) and I picked Dalhia's at my neighbor's house.  She has so many and they are SO pretty. 



Saturday night Graig and I went out with friends to celebrate our friend Sheila's birthday.  We had dinner and listened to a dinner concert.  It was a fun night.  Here is a picture from the girls table.  The guys wanted their own table :)


Sunday I worked at a Community Connections event to introduce people in our community to various non profits.  I work part time for our community foundation.  We give small grants to other non-profits to do activities and events in our community. 




After my afternoon working I ended Sunday with a trip to Cooperstown with my friend Sabrina.  We went to small plates tasting event at the Farmer's Market.  All the foods we sampled were local and organic.  We got to try so many interesting foods.  My favorite were the pumpkin maple bacon cupcakes that are pictured below.  


I hope you had a great weekend and a good start to your week.
Xoxo

0 comments: