Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday friends!   I’m excited for a beautiful fall weekend.  We have been SO lucky with the weather this fall.    It’s been a busy week and I’m so happy it’s Friday!  Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites.


1-Sunday I had a fall brunch and scarf exchange for all of my girlfriends.  It was a beautiful day and we were able to eat brunch outside on the deck.   We all had a great time laughing and talking and catching up.  This is my second annual fall brunch and scarf exchange.  You can read about last year’s brunch here. I made some egg casseroles, French toast bake, mini sandwiches and butternut squash soup.  My friend Betty made the adorable ball jar cookies that I gave out as party favors.  I’m so thankful for these friends ❤️


Here is the recipe for the butternut squash soup I made.  It turned out so good. I’m going to make this again real soon.



2-I spent the early part of the week coordinating an annual awards reception for the non-profit I work for part time.  We hosted 100 guests and there were so many details to take care of this week. I worked really hard to make sure it was successful and It turned out to be a great night!  The food was amazing and everyone had fun.  





3-I ordered these wooden boxes online and they came in last week and I hung them right up.  I think they look so cute!  I have no idea what I will put in them (if anything) but I think they look absolutely adorable in our dining room ❤️❤️



4-I saw the flyer for the annual Philadelphia flower show this week.  My friend Jenn and I went earlier this year and had a great time.  You can see my post about our trip here.  We are planning to go again next year!!



5- I made this yummy fall snack mix for my brunch and Graig and I have been munching on the leftovers this week.  I got the recipe from Euna Mae’s.  I cannot wait until her cookbook comes out.  I already pre-ordered it. I’m going to do a post on this simple snack tomorrow.



6-My hardworking husband is happiest when he is making money.  He signed up a few weeks ago to be an Uber driver and he is loving it!  I have used Uber when I’ve been in DC and in Florida and I have loved it.  I’m glad it finally came to our town. 



7-The Dodgers are doing to the World Series!!!  My friend Vicki’s nephew Cody plays for the Dodgers and we went to see him play in Cleveland in June.  I’m so thrilled they made it to the World Series!!! 



8-We have two Halloween parties to go to next weekend and some friends and I are dressing up like “social butterflies” we will each be a different social media app.  I’m instagram (my favorite❤️) 





I hope you have a great weekend!
Xoxo

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I feel like that snack mix would last only about 2 days in my house :) Have a great weekend!