Tuesday, October 24, 2017

What's Up Wednesday {October}

It’s the time agin!  Today I’m linking up with ShayMel, and Shaeffer  for  What's Up Wednesday where we share random things that we've been up to this month. 

You can read my past WUW posts here

September 


What we are eating this week...I have been trying to eat low carb this week and yesterday I made this delicious spaghetti squash, shrimp and mushroom dish.
Here is the recipe
Spaghetti squash with Shrimp, peas and mushrooms
Brown 1/2 onion with olive oil, add one pat butter and add 1 small container portabella mushrooms cut into small pieces, cook until almost done then add 1 can of peas, juice from one lemon and your uncooked shrimp.  Cook until shrimp are light pink.  While your sauce is cooking on the stove cook your spaghetti squash in the oven for one hour on 375 degrees.  I cut my spaghetti squash in 1/2, scoop out the seeds and drizzle with olive oil and salt.  Cook cut side down.  
I added a little fresh Parmesan cheese to the top-delicious!

What I'm reminiscing about...summer!  We had a great summer and I miss lazy days and going to the pool and lake.

  




What I'm loving...We are having a fantastic fall weather wise and I love the fact that I am still wearing mostly summer clothes which has been great!  🍂☀️

What we've been up to...last weekend I went to New Jersey with my friend Sabrina to see her sister in a play and this weekend we have two Halloween parties to go to.  I just love fall and all of the events that happen in the fall.  You can read about my weekend trip to New Jersey here.    



What I'm dreading...thankfully nothing at the moment!

What I'm working on...My Halloween costume for this weekend.  I am doing a group costume with 8 of my friends and we are going as social butterflys.  I am going to be instagram and here is our inspiration picture from Pinterest.  It has been fun getting the pieces of our costumes together.  We are going to get together this week and do our shirts.  


What I'm excited about...The Dodgers in the World Series.  Last night my friend Vicki had a viewing party for game one. Her nephew Cody plays for the Dodgers at started last night at first base.   It was SO fun to watch them play.  The best part...they won game one!  


What I'm watching/reading...I just started two new books.  Grace not Perfection by Emily Ley and Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance.  I just did my October book review yesterday. You can read it here.  




What I'm doing this weekend...I’m hoping to get some things done around the house and we are going to two Halloween parties!  

What I'm looking forward to next month...Thanksgiving! I just love Thanksgiving.  



What else is new...We booked our plane tickets for December to see Brock in Arizona.  I can’t wait to see him and explore Arizona!


Happy Wednesday!
Xoxo 

0 comments: