Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Crafty Wednesday {homemade tiki torches}

A few weeks ago I made some homemade tiki torches with my friend Vicki.   She had them at her house this summer and I knew I wanted to make them.  I think they turned out so cute!  And they are functional too because they definitely keep the bugs away.  




We got the metal part to hold the wick at Home Depot.  They are called male adapters and they are in the plumbing aisle. Take your bottles with you into the store so you make sure they fit correctly.  You want to make sure the adapter stays in place and doesn’t fall into your bottle.   I got my bottles for free at a distillery in our town.  You can use any bottle you have as long as they aren’t too tall. 

Here is a close up picture of the male adapter I got. 


We also got the torch fuel and wicks at the Home Depot.  These items are with the bug sprays, citronella candles, etc.  
This torch fuel is highly toxic and flammable.  I store it on a high shelf in my garage to keep away from kids that come o over and our dogs.  





You simply pour your torch fuel into you bottle, then add your wick.  Your wick should touch the torch fuel.  The last thing you do is add your wick.  You want to be sure your bottle is wide enough for the wick to go in.  





And here is the finished product.  I love sitting on our deck when we have these torches going.



Happy Wednesday!
Xoxo 

0 comments: