Monday, July 14, 2008

My Quote and two birthdays!

My favorite quote ever is at the top of our blog "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Since I started this blog several people have asked me why I choose that quote to put at the top of our blog, I chose it because I think it's true and it's how I want to live my life, and it's how I want Graig and I to parent our kids. For me it's so hard to balance everything: family, work, our home, and friends. Most days, I feel like I am being pulled in 1000 different directions. This quote helps me to remember to slow down and take a deep breath and look around and enjoy what's happening around me. I am the Sorority and Fraternity Advisor for 300 Greek students at the College where I work. Things are dead in my office before lunch. I get sooo much work done in the morning. Then I usually go home for lunch to hang out with our little dogs, Daisy, Cotton and Ellie, for a little bit. When I get back to work in the afternoon I have an office full of college students waiting to talk to me about everything and anything. I loved being in a sorority in College, I didn't realize I could get paid to do such a great job! But when there are about 10 students waiting to talk to me, it gets stressful!! At home, when Graig and I are in a hurry to get Brock to practice and Ava to gymnastics, and our house is a mess. I try to stop and enjoy the craziness because they are growing up so fast! That's why I love this quote so much. I hope you like it too!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

I have this quote on a shelf in my living room




Two big birthdays today...

Our dog Ellie, she's a yorkie-poo turned 3 today. We took her to the vet last month and we have to put her on a doggie diet because she is a little on the chunky side. I like to say she is "big boned." Anyway, she is the sweetest dog ever. I will try to get a good picture of Ellie and post it soon.

My friend Sabrina celebrated her birthday today. She likes to say she's 29 but really she's 36. She looks great! She is going to have her second baby anyday now. I gave her a candle from Bath and Body Works.


Here is a picture of the gift I gave her



Of course, I had to put a picture of one of them in today! Here's Ava . She loves being on the blog.

0 comments: