Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Little League is taking over my life!!!

We have had such a crazy few weeks around here. Graig is the coach of the 10 year old all star little league team in our town. He is having the time of his life coaching the boys, he loves having practices, organizing the games with other towns in our area, and talking strategy with the other two coaches, Shawn and Chris. There are 15 10 year olds on the team. We have games almost every night of the week (I am not kidding). Anyway Brock loves playing, Graig loves coaching and Ava and I love watching the games. We are going to have about 25 games in July. Graig thinks all the parents will hate him by the end of the season because he scheduled so many games... I hope he's not right and I hope I survive until the end of the month.

Brock on deck


Ava hanging out in the dugout before a game

As you all know my digital camera is broken so thank you to Abby, a mom from little league who takes great pictures, for taking these pictures for me :)

Today for lunch I am making a yummy taco salad that my friend Lori ( I call her LC) made for a party that we went to a couple of weeks ago. Here's her recipe. It's super easy and sooooo delicious for a quick summer meal:

1 lb hamburger cooked and drained add taco seasoning and cook according to the directions on the package

1 bag lettuce (any kind you like- I use the Italian blend)

1 package taco cheese ( I use 2 cups~ for me the more the better, not the most WW friendly but good)

Cut up tomatoes, onion and add (I don't know how much just how ever much you want in your salad)

1 can black beans (drained)

1 bottle sweet and sour dressing or french dressing

1/2 package nacho cheese Doritos crushed up (you can use more or less depending on what you like)

Mix this all up and enjoy! If you are taking it somewhere add the Doritos right before you eat it.

On Friday (fourth of July) Graig and I are going to help our friends Shawn and Sabrina set up their nursery. Shawn is coaching little league with Graig and since we are gone every night at games they haven't had a chance to set it up and their baby is due at the end of the month. The guys are going to put the crib together and Sabrina and I are going to organize the clothes.

This weekend, my friend Allison and I are going to make jelly. We have wanted to do this for the longest time and this weekend we are going to do it! We have no idea how to make jelly so we are going to have to do some research before but I will definitely post when ever we figure it out.

I am off to pick Ava up from gymnastics team practice and to drop Brock off at Pee Wee weight training. I thought I was suppose to have a week off?

0 comments: