Thursday, July 27, 2017

Blueberries

It's finally blueberry season in NY!!  Every year I like to go blueberry picking at least once and last Saturday morning my friend Rachael and I went and picked blueberries.  I picked 6.5 lbs in about an hour.

The blueberry patch that we go to is about 1/2 hour away from our house.




It's still early in the season so some of the blueberries weren't quite ready yet.  But the ones that were ripe were very juicy and delicious!





We had so much fun during our morning at the blueberry patch.  I hope I can get back there at least one more time before the season is over.



We like to eat fresh blueberries but I also made blueberry pancakes on Sunday and a blueberry pie with our blueberries.  I also used some of them to make blueberry margaritas for our trip to the lake on Saturday.

Blueberry Margaritas
2 cups blueberry compote.  Recipe for compote here.  (note I did not add the lemon juice because I added lime juice to this recipe)
1 cup tequila
Juice from 6 limes
Crushed ice
1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt

Let compote cool and then mix it well in blender.  Add tequila, lime juice, salt and crushed ice and blend thoroughly.  I poured the drink mixture from my blender right into my Weck juice jar to take to the lake.   **if I make margaritas at home I salt the edge of my glass since we were going to the lake and I didn't want to mess with that I just added a little salt to the recipe**  You can leave out the salt completely if you don't like salt in your margaritas.




Here we are enjoying our drinks!  These margaritas taste just like summer.



Enjoy!!
Xoxo

0 comments: