Monday, August 10, 2009

American Girl

Saturday while Graig and Brock went to the Yankee game, Ava and I went to the American Girl doll store. It was SO MUCH fun, we both loved it!! We spent about 4 hours in the store and had dinner there on Saturday night.

I am so glad that Ava loves American Girl doll things. I think we are going to have a lot of fun collecting things for her collection. American Girl is all about promoting self esteem, girl power and helping girls believe in themselves.

The store is beautiful and they have SO MANY wonderful things. I set a budget for Ava before we went into the store so she would know how much money she could spend. I wanted her to have a good time but I wanted her to know what the limit was. She ended up picking out a new doll ( a girl bitty baby with blond hair), earrings and a t-shirt.

Ava right outside the store


Before dinner Allison (Ava's American girl doll) got her hair done! Here is Allison in the chair.



The girl that did Allison's hair was so sweet, she explained to Ava how she should care for her hair and skin.


In the bathrooms they have doll hangers where you hang up your doll while you go to the bathroom. I thought it was such a cute idea and I had to take a picture of it.



Before dinner we had to wait upstairs in the Bitty Baby area. They didn't have any chairs for us to sit in so Ava sat on the floor to fix her dolls hair for dinner.




Dinner was the BEST thing at the store. If you ever go you need to go to a meal at the store. They have bruch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. We were there at dinner time so I chose dinner. You have to make reservations for meals before you go, so if you go make sure you do it because it's SO worth it!! I took a ton of pictures during dinner because everything was so cute and I wanted us to be able to remember everything.

The tables were so adorable!! Everything in the dining room is hot pink, white and black, it's adorable!! The napkin holders are actually pony tail holders that the girls get to take home with them. I thought that was a cute touch. The present in the middle of the table is called "Table Talkers" they are questions that you can talk about while you eat. I thought these were so cute so I got us a set for our house.


Ava with her dolls before dinner. They give the dolls these seats that fit right on the table. Ava LOVED these seats so I let her get one to take home.



Ava giving her doll some tea. You can also see a little bit of our appetizer in this picture.


Our main dishes, I got tortellini and Ava got chicken fingers and fries.




Our dessert was the best part of the whole meal!




We had a great day at the American Girl doll store, we will go again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that sounds like a really fun day! I can't wait to do that with my daughter again. She wants a just like me doll!

The Mrs. said...

How fabulous. I am so looking forward to doing this with Coco!!!

Anonymous said...

Join me...
http://www.momslittlenook.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

How fun--looks like you all had such a special time together. They have really made that a fun experience for families.