Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekend update!

This weekend (like usual) has been super busy for us! I love the summer and I feel like it's going by SOOO fast!! I can't believe it's already August!!

Here's a brief update of what's been happening with us this weekend.

Friday
I worked until noon and Ava went to gymnastics camp in the morning. She LOVED it!! I watched her show on Friday and it was really cute the girls did a routine to "Under the Sea" and Ava got the "stick it" award for sticking her landings! She was so proud!!

In the afternoon Ava and I went with our friends Sabrina and Eliza to get Eliza's 1 year old pictures taken. I also got Ava's pictures taken, they turned out really good!! Ava LOVES having her pictures taken and she changed outfits four times. It took about 3 hours to get both girls pictures done! I am going to frame the pictures we had taken and give them away to our family as part of their Christmas presents.

While we were at the mall we also went to Sephora (love that store!!) and I stocked up on Bare Minerals and we went to a new store called Crazy 8. It's really cute, it's owned by Gymboree but the prices are a little cheaper. I got Ava some new fall clothes. Ava also picked out her backpack for 2nd grade at LL Bean and we got it monnogrammed. I think after all of our shopping she's all set for 2nd grade!!

Friday night we went to a baseball party for Brock's baseball team. One of the families who live out in the country had the whole team over for a cookout. It was fun!!

Saturday
Brock was in a baseball tournament, he pitched and his team won 14-2!! Saturday night we went over to our friends house for a pizza party. We sat outside on their deck the whole night while the kids went in the Hot Tub. It was such a relaxing evening!!

Sunday
Brock had another baseball game today for his tournament. His team won again 9-2!! I spent the whole afternoon cleaning up our house and tonight we had a quiet dinner at home!! Because of baseball season we haven't been eating at home a lot, so it was nice to sit down at the table and enjoy dinner at home.

Tonight Brock is spending the night with Grandma Jan and Graig and Ava went for a bike ride. I am going to start to read Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems . My friend gave it to me I hope it will help with our dogs!!



I am off from work all week and Thursday night we are leaving for a mini-vacation! I can't wait to go!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I know what you mean, the summer is going by so fast. Sounds like y'all had a nice weekend. Enjoy your week off.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a busy and fun weekend! I've never heard of the store Crazy 8. Sounds good! I'll have to tell my friends (who have kids) about it.

EC said...

Whoo you had a busy weekend!

EC said...

Glad you like the background! If I can't go to the beach, might as well have a beach theme somewhere!