Friday, August 14, 2009

We're headed to Vermont!!



We are headed to Vermont this afternoon to spend a long weekend with our friends!! I am SO excited!! It will be so nice to get away and relax before the college students come back next week and work is crazy busy again. Our friends, Jim and Donna rent a cabin on a lake and go every summer for two weeks. They invited us to come up and hang out with them this weekend. I have never been to Vermont and I have heard it's beautiful and I can't wait to go and enjoy the weekend with them!

Their kids are close in age to Brock and Ava so they will all have a good time together. I am not taking my laptop to Vermont, so no blogging for me :( I am taking a stack of magazines that I haven't read yet and a few good books so I will have fun just hanging out by the lake. We are also going to go hiking and grill out. It will be a VERY outdoorsy weekend for us.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

how fun! Where in VT? We're going to Killington next weekend! If you're near Burlington (Waterbury, actually), I recommend the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory tour--The kids would love it! Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Have a GREAT time--sounds relaxing and fun!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE VT!! I would live in Manchester if I could. But the entire state is crazy beautiful. Hope y'all are having a ball!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fabulous weekend. I hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy. Hugs, Marty

Jill said...

Ahhh... have fun! I wish I were in VT. I bet you'll have beautiful weather.