Thursday, August 13, 2009

DIY Day!


I am joining Kimba's DIY Day party!! I cannot wait to go through all of the DIY projects tonight when I get home from work!! Graig is having poker night at our house and Brock and Ava are with Grandma Jan and I will have a night all to myself!! It will be fun to see what other people have done. I LOVE getting ideas home decorating ideas from other people, I love to decorate BUT I am SO not creative when it comes to thinking of ideas on my own.

My DIY project that I did this week came from an idea that I got from Carrie at Buzzings of a Queen Bee. I LOVE her blog, she has a beautiful home and always does the best projects. Anyway, she posted this idea a long time ago and I have always wanted to try it. You can go here to read her post about this window project.




I got my windows at a garage sale for $3 each! I like them because I have never seen a window like this, usually they are 6 panes. Anyway. I painted the whole window black (they were blue when I bought them) and I left the glass in and just painted all the wood. After the paint dried I just taped scrapbook paper on the glass. It was that simple!! I just finished both of them last night, the whole project took less than an hour.

I just propped one up on our fireplace and put one in sunroom just so I can see what they are going to look like. I LOVE the way this project turned out! It is so simple and it's a great way to cover a lot of wall space without spending a lot of $$.

8 comments:

Gloria F. said...

Great idea! I have several old windows at home and don't know what to do with them. Love it!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

LOVE IT!!!! very cute!

C said...

cute idea!

AG said...

adorable! I think we need a craft night soon.

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea - I love the pops of color and pattern, and great against the red walls!

ps) your kids are beautiful!

Michelle said...

So cute--I love those windows. Very trendy!

Jamie said...

Wow what a great idea!

Unknown said...

I saw that somewhere too, and was inspired. It is so pretty and colorful and creative. I love what you did to it!