Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend wrap up!!

This weekend was kind of a girls weekend for Ava and I because Graig is still in his busy travel season for work (he gets home Friday thank goodness!!) and Brock went on his first ever middle school retreat with our church. 

Brock with his friend before the retreat




Friday night after we dropped Brock off for his retreat Ava and I came home and I made Pasta wih chicken, tomato and feta.  It's a Martha Stewart recipe and I never make it when the boys are home because they would NEVER eat it.  They are  meat, and potato kind of guys, they would never eat anything with feta or basil, ha ha!  Ava LOVES it!


Here is the recipe it's soooo good!!

12 ounces ziti (or other small tubular pasta)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (I just used the juice from one lemon)
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 pound plum tomatoes cut into chunks (I used 5 tomatoes)
3 cups shredded chicken (Martha used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, I used leftover grilled chicken)
1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
In a large pot cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions, drain; rinse well under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; toss with olive oil, lemon juice, feta, tomatoes, chicken and basil; season generously with salt and pepper.  Serve at room temperature or chilled. 

Saturday Ava had a friend over and I spent the day cleaning and  organizing our house.  It's a NEVER ending job!!    I cleaned out so many closets and drawers, when I was done I had 6 bags to donate!!  Unfortunately, I still have more to do!

The leaders of Brock's retreat called me Saturday afternoon and said Brock had a fever.  Poor thing he was so sick last night when he got home.  We didn't do too much today I think Brock and Ava are both a little under the weather so we just stayed close to home today and didn't do much of anything except relax and hang out and get ready for the busy week ahead. 

1 comments:

Michelle said...

That pasta looks great--wished you lived closer so you could make it for your sick sister! Hope Brock is feeling better--poor guy having to miss his retreat.