Thursday, January 7, 2010

I made it without my hubby party!!


I just discovered another fabulous blog that features trash to treasure items!  It's called Shanty2Chic and two sisters (how cute is that?) blog about crafting and turning junk into beautiful things for their homes.  Today they are having a blog party and I thought it would be fun to join.  I LOVE making things but I am NOT creative when it comes to thinking up ideas and things to make.   I think it will be fun to see what everyone has created and get some fresh ideas from 2010!!  If you read my blog regularly (or have been to my house-ha ha) you have seen the projects that I am going to show today.


This was my first trash to treasure item, I got this at a yard sale for $30 for the chest and the hutch.  My friend Sabrina helped me sand it and paint it.  We did this about 2 years ago and I still LOVE it, I know we will have this piece in our dining room for a long time!




This was my favorite Aunt's chair when she was a little girl.  I have had it for years in our basement.  This summer I decided to paint it and add new fabric for the chair cushion.  I think this turned out so cute!



Sabrina and I also made these mirrors using an old window.  Again this was one of the first projects we did and I still love it, I get so many compliments on it!!  The window was free and we got mirrors cut to fit our window panes. 


I got this large frame in a free box at a garage sale.  I painted it green, added burlap to the back of the frame and added our monogram. 


I also made this picture hanger/corkboard out of an old shutter (this was also my friend Sabrina's idea, she is SO creative and comes up with the best projects, I keep telling her to start a blog!).  This is hanging in our office. 



Another great trash to treasure site that I just found called junk mammas they also have an etsy site and I just ordered the cutest chalkboard tags from them, I can't wait to get them in the mail!

Happy Thursday!

0 comments: