Saturday, January 9, 2010

TGIF!!!

We are all so happy it's the weekend!!  The first week of school and work after Christmas break was rough!  It has been SO cold and with our renovation projects our house is a MESS!!  I am so thankful we have this weekend to (hopefully!) finish our painting projects and to start putting our house back in order!

I just got the Pioneer Woman's cookbook and last night I made these steak sandwiches and mashed potatoes!  They were SO good!!  She has so many good recipes that I want to try!  Her book has a ton of pictures and step by step instructions so it's really easy to follow her recipes. 


We also rented Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs for Brock and Ava.   Ava really wanted to see it in the theatre but we never got around to it. Anyway, it was a cute movie and they really liked it and it gave Graig and I the chance to do some more work on our never ending list of house projects-ha ha!




I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The steak sandwiches sound so good. I am really ready for a hearty steak meal. I do know how you feel about all the mess after Christmas. I can't wait to see all your projects. Hope the weekend goes great. Hugs, Marty

Shannon said...

Her cookbook is so fun! I bought it as a Christmas gift but kept it for myself. Horrible I know! hahaha :)

EC said...

I just looked at the recipe for the sandwich, and I'm definitely going to try that! That looks sooo good! Do you like that cookbook? I've heard about it and have thought about buying it.

Hope y'all are staying warm!