Monday, January 4, 2010

A quick update!

I am still here. We have been SO busy over the Christmas break working on our house! Our downstairs and basement is one big disaster area! I am upstairs in our bedroom writing this because our bedrooms are the only renovation free areas in our house right now!! Graig is downstairs sanding our wood floors; we decided to save money by redoing our wood floors ourselves. He went last night and got all of the supplies from the Home Depot. Graig has redone wood floors before so I knew that he can do it but it is really messy and takes a ton of time. It will be worth it because I know they will be SO beautiful when they are done!

Our kitchen is all torn up too because I finally decided to repaint our kitchen! I have wanted to do this for so long but I knew how much time and effort it would take so I have been putting it off. Our WHOLE kitchen needs to be painted when we moved in our entire kitchen was knotty pine (YUCK!!) and I knew that we would have to paint it. I love blue so I chose that color and now 5 years later I am SICK of my BLUE kitchen so I am painting it sage green, our cabinets are going to be black and our trim will be white. I am about 40% done right now and I will show you a sneak peak tomorrow. I came home from work at lunch time today and I was SO happy because it really looks good! I spent 13 hours painting yesterday, when I woke up this morning I was so sore. I hope to have the project finished by the weekend.

This is what our kitchen looked like before I started painting.












Brock and Ava are back at school today, they had a one hour delay because of the snow we got last night. Ava has dance tonight after school and I am planning on going to the gym while she is there! I just joined this gym last week and one of my new year's resolutions is to go to the gym and get in better shape for 2010, I will let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

Janna said...

I can't wait to see your kitchen and the floors.

Michelle said...

I LOVE your new blog background! Can't wait to see your kitchen--I think a lighter color will make it look larger and open it up! Hope your work out goes well today!