Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Top 10 decorating projects for 2009

Today I am joining Rhoda's top 10 party.  She has the BEST house, it looks like it is right out of a magazine.  I LOVE all the colors that she uses and her office is the cutest one I have ever seen!  I joined her party last year, you can see my top 10 projects of 2008 here

This year I did some smaller projects so I will show our smaller projects.  Right before Christmas I decidedI I was going to start repainting some rooms in our house.  I had some darker colors and I wanted to lighten them up and use some lighter colors.  I started in our Sunroom which went from red to a light sage green and now I am working on our kitchen (crazy I know!!) and I am still working on that project but I LOVE the way it looks so far!

This was the year of the monograms for me!  I LOVE things with our last name and with our initial and I seem to do a lot of monogram projects.  I also love trash to treasure things, I love getting things at rummage sales are re-doing them. 
This one was fun to do, I took an old window that I got for $3 at a yard sale painted it and put scrapbook paper behind the glass.  I actually did two of these, one is in my dining room and the other is in our living room.  I like it because it's big and it looks great hanging behind our couch!  I got this idea from Carrie and Buzzings of a Queen Bee. 

I put this monogram that I got from Etsy on a vase that I got at Wal-Mart.  I always keep a candle in it and I added candy corn for cuteness! 

I got this table for $30 at an antique store.  I painted it and distressed it using Country Living caromal colours, this is the best paint I have painted so many things with this color as you will see.  I LOVE this green color

I did this quick mini pumpkin display for Halloween.


Another monogram project-ha ha!

And another, I got this monogram from Etsy and put in on a square mini platter that I got at Wal-Mart.  I also want to get a few more of these monograms because I think they would make great gifts!

I LOVE this chest, we keep it in our living room and it holds blankets.  My Dad got it for me for Christmas several years ago and it seems like I paint it about every other year.  This year I painted it green and added (what else?) a monogram. 

Ok this is getting embarrasing, ANOTHER monogram I painted this shelf in our living room this year for a new and fresh look (as you can tell I also LOVE the color green!)

This is a similar project I painted this wooden crate and added our last name and the year we were married.


I did this little arrangement for Christmas.  I actually made two of these for our dining room table.  Super cute and they lasted a couple of weeks!

This is a picture of our Sunroom I painted it right before Christmas and my husband Graig is now re-doing the hardwood floors.


My current project, here is our kitchen in progress! This little corner is almost done, I just got these plates at Homegoods last week.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed looking at my 2009 projects! I can't wait to see what everyone else did in 2009, thanks again Rhoda for hosting this top 10 tour!!

7 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Angie, thanks for playing again! Love all your projects & yes, 2009 was the year of the monogram, huh?! Love what you've done.

Michelle said...

I love that crate with your est date--what a great idea! I might have to call you to see how you got the letters!

Rue said...

There's nothing wrong with monograms! I'm a fool for them and your projects turned out great :)

rue

Marianne said...

When you say you like monograms you were not exagarating (I know I spelled that wrong) were you. Lol I love them too and you found some great uses for them.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I just love all you monograms...I have been doing lots of monograms too! They are really a lot of fun and make awesome gifts! You have a new follower...it's me:)

Blessings,
Linda

Jill said...

I LOVE all your projects. The monogrammed items are so cute and I love how they look so expensive but they're cheap to make.

Autum said...

You really did some great projects in 2009! I love all the monogram ideas. I need to check out etsy, I have a square plate I wanted to try to paint a monogram on, but this would be so much easier.