Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Before and After



Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is hosting a 2008 top 1o before and after projects. I am so excited to see what everyone did last year!! I wish I had 10 projects to show, I have 3 to show from 2008. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to do more crafts and home projects in 2009!!

My friend Sabrina is so talented and creative and 2 of these projects were her idea, she always comes up with the best crafts for us to do! I wanted to give her a little shout out because she doesn't have her own blog...yet. I always try to talk her in to starting one. Here is Sabrina with her husband Shawn and their sweet baby girl Eliza at our New Year's Eve party.


We made this out photo holder and bulletin board out of an old shutter. This shutter cost about $10 at a used furniture store. I really love how it turned out! Another one of Sabrina's good ideas! We made this mirror out of an old, yucky nasty window. We measured and got the mirrors at Lowe's. This was my first time working with mirrors in a project and I was a little nervous. The window was free and the cut mirrors were about $15. (sorry about the glare on the second picture)

I found this at a garage sale for $30 for both the drawers and the hutch! It looked terrible. Sabrina and I sanded it down and painted it black, then we painted a brick red color on the top and wiped the brick red color off with old rags. Graig (my hubby) added the handles. This is one of my favorite pieces of furniture! I absolutely love how it turned out and it's perfect in our dining room.

I hope you liked looking at my projects from 2008! I can't wait to see all the projects everyone did and get some great ideas for 2009. Don't forget to sign up for my New Year's giveaway below, Brock and Ava will pick the winner on Friday!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects! I especially like the hutch!

bj said...

Your hutch is just precious and I want one JUST LIKE IT.....
LOVED all the other projects, too.

AG said...

awww, I feel like I've been around for all of these projects. I still need to get mirrors cut for my window.

I should do that this weekend.

Decor To Adore said...

What amazing transformations! Thunderous applause coming from Phoenix. :)

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

i love it when you find a steal...that hutch is fabulous! so is the window mirror.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Great projects! I really love the hutch, too!
Carrie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Angie, you've got some sweet projects there! Love that hutch & using old windows is such a fun thing. Great job on the hutch, it's beautiful. And thanks for comiong by my party!

Angie said...

Great projects! I especially love that bulletin board!

julie & joe said...

I love the cabinet and hutch! That was a great buy.

Missy Wertz said...

Very nice nice projects! Good job!

Rue said...

I've been wanting to do a project like the bulletin and the window mirror and just haven't yet. I think I will now :)

I love the hutch. You guys did an incredible job on it!

rue

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, that hutch looks great! Hey! I am here from the 2008 Before and After! Stop by my place if you can.

Heather said...

The shutters are such a cute idea!

Jill said...

Great projects!!! You're so creative.

Beth at Aunties said...

Great projects!!! Very nice.... I really liked your hutch! I would love to find one just like it!

DairyQueen said...

fun projects! I am looking for a way to re-do an ugly dresser I bought, and I am going to keep your hutch in mind!

Steph said...

You have a productive '08! Love the Dresser and the shutter.

Shannon said...

All of them are great!!! I love the hutch!

sandra/tx said...

Very creative. I especially love the shutter idea.

Sweet Simplicity said...

Great projects! I love the old window with the mirror.

Wendy said...

Nice job. I like all of your projects. Very creative.

Wendy

Wendy said...

Nice job. I like all of your projects. Very creative.

Wendy

Lady Katherine said...

Love the window used as a mirror! Love the bulltin board, it turned out so great.