Monday, January 12, 2009

House Cleaning and Yummy Potatoes!!

Yesterday, since we were snowed in I thought all day how I should clean our house. We all love a clean house and I love to keep ours clean but lately I can't seem to bring myself to actually clean up. Here's what usually happens, I start cleaning a room, then I get distracted (by the computer, by Graig, Brock or Ava, a good show on TV, etc...really anything can distract me from cleaning) and then nothing gets cleaned up. I have tried to do a big cleaning on the weekends but that doesn't work because A) I like to sleep in and B) I like to relax on the weekend so it doesn't get done.


So to solve my problem, I am going to do a little cleaning (like 1/2 hour) each night after work. Right when we get home while dinner is cooking. That way after we eat I can clean up from dinner and then I will have time to help Brock and Ava with their homework and relax.


That's my plan...I will let you know how it turns out. What do you do to keep your house clean? I need advice, I am really struggling with this lately!!

One day last week I made these delicious potatoes. They are like loaded baked potatoes that you get at a restaurant. They are so yummy!! Here are the ingredients that you need (I thought this was like Pioneer Woman, she is my cooking idol!!)

You boil about 4 baking potatoes until they are tender. When they are done, drain them and add a spoonful of sour cream, a couple of pieces of precooked bacon, a little garlic, and some shredded cheddar, add salt and pepper and a little milk and butter and mash them with a potato masher. I don't measure anything with this recipe just use as much as you think would be good. They are delicious and so easy to make.

I am really liking Twitter, I posted 5 times yesterday. I can post really quick from my iPhone.

4 comments:

Always Organizing said...

I try to straighten up every night when I get home and do a little bit of cleaning. I tend to be a "power cleaner" and do it all on the weekend.

AG said...

I like to have things in order each night or the morning before work. But you know how I am and I don't have a lot of space to keep clean.

Happy Early Birthday! I'll call you when I get back from the GFE.

The Mrs. said...

I am the worst about cleaning because My nanny cleans while Landon naps and I have her three days a week. It's never perfect but I have not been picking up the slack!!! I do the same thing when I clean, get soooo distracted. It starts with me finding something in a pile I need to do and then I end up doing that until I find something else!

C said...

I just ignore it until I can't stand it anymore, then I usually take on a room or two a week, thus getting the whole house power cleaned each month. The key is to never ever have a system or schedule, or I will resent it.