Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Dad

My Dad recently got his first ever laptop, he is just learning how to use it. I think he loves it so far, he is always emailing my sister Shelby and I about things that he's been up too. I am so glad that we are able to communicate with him this way now because it's so easy to shoot him an email during the day at work. He hasn't figured out how to get a blogger profile to comment on our blogs, so if you see anonymous comments they are probably from him.

Last week I was talking to him on the phone and he asked me about Kelly and Harper. I don't even know Kelly I just love reading her blog. Anyway, he said that he was looking at her blog because I had posted the link to pray for Harper. He was so concerned about both of them we spent a lot of time talking about them, their families and what they are going though during that phone call. It was really sweet that he was so concerned about them. Good news Dad they are both doing great and they should be going home next week!! Here is a picture that Kelly posted on her blog. I love this picture of sweet Harper!
My Dad is coming to help us with our landscaping in May! I am so excited I have always hated the ugly, overgrown bushes in front of our house. Here is a picture of them. I think our house would look so much more open and big if they were gone. I also think it would look better if we got new outside lights, I think the ones we have now are too small.
My Dad asked me to look on-line for some ideas and I found this one on HGTV last night. I love the landscaping of this home. I am hoping that we can add bushes, mulch and a lot of flowering perennials.
My Dad and I always joke around about me painting the dining room table. He gave it to us when he sold his house. I absolutely love the table. When my Dad had it in his dining room we had many great meals sitting around that table. It was hand made by the Amish that live in Illinois. My grandma, and aunt (who have both died), my mom, Graig's family, and a lot of friends have had many great dinners and long talks around this table. I would never, ever want to part with it because it's wonderful . I am not crazy about the light oak color. I think it would look great painted or stained a different color. Dad while you are here we can redo my dining room table...Isn't this great!!
Picture taken from www.http://bowerland.blogspot.com/2009/01/metamorphosis-monday.html Thanks Allison!!

This is the color it is now, this was taken at our New Year's Eve party.
Dad I am so excited that you are coming to visit us, we are going to have a great time doing lots of projects together!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can not wait to see the transformations and have a great time with your dad!

amy (metz) walker said...

How fun that your dad can communicate this way! Love it and can't wait to see all the projects!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your dad!!

Allison said...

I love that you love my table. Have fun with the project. You will love the way it turns out!!! Make sure to post pics when you are done.